New postcard

Last week, we met up in groups to discuss where some of our difficulties lie and how we could fix them. i brought up to my group that I was having some issues regarding the design of my post card. If you recall to older posts, I had begun designing a horizontal front and back design with two doors.

After bringing up to the group how I felt that there was too much space adn nto a lot fo movement, they recommended I attempt to do the postcard vertically rather than horizontally so it fit the shape of the doors better and that I add a brief synopsis and gradient to it. after to playing around with it, I have to agree that it does look much better this way, and allows me to be much more minimalistic too. Here is a draft of the post card (Of course I would be adding more details to the location and festival itself).
 

I decided to chose more pastel colors too to make the door itself pop out more. Upon thinking more about my postcard, and seeing various examples that I had collected while in New York this weekend, I realized that many of the examples had a strong impactful design on the front, and on the back there was a synopsis and overall description of the piece advertised. This made me think more about what I valued and wanted to show my viewers. Also, as I was researching this website, I found that recommended size for a postcard advertisement is 4x6in so I'm going to be adapting that size to my design.

Comments

Popular Posts