Filming!

Hi guys!

Today was a very busy day!

I started filming two sequences (stages) of my film, and I have to say that I am very very proud of what turned out of it. I filmed Denial and Acceptance.

A lot of prep went into these sequences so let me go through each one.

Blood: So to accurately create the environment of a car crash, I wanted pure silence in the film, and slow panning of the camera. For the set design, I created my own recipe, involving corn strch, cocoa powder, red food coloring, and powdered sugar.
 

Smoke:
For my acceptance scene, I had to recreate a car accident. Now, don't worry, no cars were actually damaged; just in need of a really good car wash afterwards. It was really important for me to get smoke into this equation because it would add that much movement to the piece.
At first I was going to use a friends fog machine; but it needed fog juice and my producers wont call me back when it comes to budget (haha).
I then decided to go to my plan B, a dangerous one might I say. I decided to get dry Ice, open up the lid of my car, stick a protective cover and then put the ice in water to create a smoke effect.
I was extremely pleased with the results.
And no one lost a hand.



Comments

Popular Posts