Part I

So I just finished up the first part of my script, this one was rather simple as the music has not yet been introduced. By the end of this week I plan on getting a basic melody for the song, hopefully going to Vlog it, and possible start on some lyrics to complete part II and III.

Of course, each part will be up for revision whenever a new one is created, because a first product is always the building block to a better idea.




I chose to use an all female lead because all too commonly do we see a man being the center of grief or a woman, in both cases inhibiting an underlying love story between the two characters that bond them together (Literally look at any movies about loss, it gets repetitive). I wanted to use this concept but incorporate two females to challenge the nature of this "romanticized" reaction of grief and normalize it with two female characters, even fi there is no substantial romance occurring in the film.

One of the females would embody the role of the protagonist, whose forced to subdue this whole experience as the hallucinogens take her through these stages, thus being Marie. By going the route I am, with the ambiguity between the characters and the plot twist at the end that ultimately changes your perception of each character, I am not necessarily conforming to any prevalent character tropes in the media.

When considering the genre conventions of a horror short film; some main information that I gathered from sources was to use isolated locations, expressive camera techniques (POV shots, High and low angles, ECU shots, and handheld, etc.)

https://www.slideshare.net/marine18/horror-genre-conventions

Comments

Popular Posts