Music Music Music

Hello all.

So I know I've been lacking in actual product recently. I've been so busy between work and out of town competitions that it's a little hard to stay grounded. Since I will be going for a musical, I will be collaborating with a very good friend of mine who is looking to major in Film Scoring. We though we could both use this as a good practice for collaboration and it's always that much to show off your talents.

To accurately put together the emotions I may want to portray through the film, I have compiled a few song choices from one of my favorite royalty free sites, FreeMusicArchives.org, in order to narrow down the ultimate themes that I wanted.

Using this playlist we can accurately decide the tones we want to achieve. I'm especially excited for the last piece, Oui Oui Marie, which will be the only piece I will possibly take as not created originally, only because I found that the lyrics could be well juxtaposed with a creepy visual that I could insert in the film.



Onto some character analysis. If I am to describe the characters, I gotta warn, ~spoilers~. So basically, my piece will consist of a young girl, Marie, being revisited by the victim of a car accident in which Marie was under the influence. The premise of my piece is that Marie takes a hallucinogenic drug to extract herself from the reality of the situation, but in turn, all she is left to find is the victim, Luna San Doran, who is taking her through the 5 stages of grief and guilt. 

Name: DORAN. USAGE: Irish. From an Irish surname which was derived from Ó Deoradháin meaning "descendant of Deoradhán". The name Deoradhán means "exile" or "wanderer" in Gaelic.

I think this name is significant because in a way, luna is a wanderer in Marie's mind, an inhabitant she can not get rid off. Also, I thought it was a good play on world so personify the use LSD through the presence of Luna San Doran... take a second to see the parallels.

I'm almost done writing my first part of the short which I'm very excited to share!

Comments

Popular Posts